Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Friday 14 August 2009

The Glory of the Leader

Todays poem is one of a series that I started to write when I returned from my trip to the DPRK. Some I completed but this one I set aside. I have just taken it up again and completed it.
It is of course about the DPRK.
I wish I could say that there aren't many other countries that it could apply to. Sadly, I can't. The way we are going it could even apply to this one before long.

The Glory of the Leader

Bells all rang, for the glory of the leader.
Children sang, for the glory of the leader,
And they danced, for the glory of the leader,
All entranced, by the glory of the leader.
The band played on, for the glory of the leader.
The choir swayed along, for the glory of the leader.
Flowers were grown, for the glory of the leader,
And plucked and shown, for the glory of the leader.

Statues were carved, for the glory of the leader,
While people starved, for the glory of the leader.
And they feared, the glory of the leader.
Some disappeared, for the glory of the leader.
Missiles flew, for the glory of the leader.
Tensions grew, for the glory of the leader.
Hope one day, that the glory of the leader,
Doesn’t make us pay, for the glory of the leader.

No comments: