Blog News

1. Comments are still disabled though I am thinking of enabling them again.

2. There are now several extra pages - Poetry Index, Travel, Education, Childish Things - accessible at the top of the page. They index entires before October 2013.

3. I will, in the next few weeks, be adding new pages with other indexes.

Thursday 9 July 2009

Love and Marriage

The second section in the "Best Loved Poems" collection is, as I said, Love and Marriage. It's not a topic I write much about. There are a few poems in my collection that would qualify but the rules that I've set myself include every poem being new so here is a new one. I'll put my hands up though and admit that this is more an experiment in form than a proper poem. I'm not very happy with it but then again it's unlikely that I'm ever going to be very happy with a poem in this category.

Love was never real

Sometimes there is an echo.
Sometimes a shadow falls.
Sometimes I hear a whisper
From another time and place.
Sometimes I recollect
What is gone, and it still calls.
Sometimes I close my eyes
And conjure up her face.

But those times have vanished.
Those times they never were.
Those times I misremember
In my longing to still feel.
But those times are only echoes.
They are shadows everywhere.
But those times are quiet whispers,
And that love was never real

1 comment:

robert said...

Allow me to say, that those lines were of very much interest for me.